The Web Designer will work directly with the Interactive Art Director, as well as developers, to design interactive experiences for clients. Requires an excellent understanding of UI/UX and how design will translate to development. Commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and the creation of quality products is essential to this position.
To apply, please send resume and relevant body of work to:
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Design high quality visual and interactive mobile/web experiences for all agency properties across web and iPhone/iPad/Android/Windows 7 mobile web browsers.
- Deliver platform-specific design assets to development.
- Assess product, user research and design requirements.
- Analyze competitor offerings, customer feedback, site metrics and usability reports to create user-centered designs.
- Communicate concepts through sketches, diagrams, wireframes, visual comps and interactive prototypes.
- Work with cross-functional teams to manage and deliver design assets on time, as well as champion the best possible user experience for agency clients.
- Collaborate with developers as needed to understand technical requirements
- Present design + interactive recommendations to clients as needed
- 2+ years of mobile/web design experience, preferably industry/agency experience.
- Bachelors in Fine Arts, Graphics and/or related experience
- Proven ability to work closely with programmers and client teams throughout all stages of the product cycle.
- Strong understanding of technical constraints and specifications for designing platform-specific mobile design assets.
- Expertise in best practices for mobile and web design, as well as solid experience in designing usable user interfaces on multiple platforms.
- Be a leader that can guide a team of designers, providing feedback and direction.
- Solid understanding of design principles, typography, color and page layout, and a great eye for detail.
- Experience with taking a data-driven approach to design.
- Ability to meet aggressive deadlines for multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Passion for innovation and keeping up with the latest web technology trends.