The Ideabar bench is deep with baseball fans.
So it’s a big day each March when the team takes a field trip to see a spring-training game at Roger Dean Stadium in nearby Jupiter, Fla.
And this year, we were thrilled to sign on with the 19-year-old baseball stadium to make its website more fan-friendly.
As we warm up for opening day, here’s a little inside baseball information on Roger Dean:
- Roger Dean is the only professional baseball facility in the country to make this particular double play. During spring training, it hosts two Major League Baseball teams — the Miami Marlins and the St. Louis Cardinals – and during the baseball season, it gives the home-field advantage to four minor-league squads. Those teams are the Jupiter Hammerheads and Palm Beach Cardinals of the Class A-Advanced Baseball Florida State League, and the Gulf Coast Marlins and Gulf Coast Cardinals of the rookie-level Gulf Coast League.
- For the 2017 season, the stadium constructed shade structures over several seating sections so fewer fans will feel the burn. That’s perhaps most important for notoriously pale Cardinals fans, who flock to South Florida after spending their winter months under wraps in the chilly Midwest. Also new in ’17: metal detectors.
- The stadium’s namesake is car magnate Roger Dean, whose daughters made a $1 million donation to the project in his name. Dean died in 1999 at the age of 83. The “Roger Dean” name also remains on a Chevrolet dealership in West Palm Beach.
- Relief pitcher Cliff Politte threw the first spring-training pitch at Roger Dean. Before his retirement, Politte pitched for the Cardinals, Phillies, Blue Jays and White Sox. He won a World Series ring with the Sox in 2005.
- The stadium holds about 6,000 seats in addition to luxury suites and the Bullpen Club. The latter is a 136-capacity outfield terrace with a dedicated concession stand and an all-you-can-eat policy. Strap on the feedbag, fans.
And here’s one more fact for the road. Roger Dean Stadium is located within Downtown Abacoa, another Ideabar client.
See a case study on the branding, website design and social media marketing we did for the mixed-use center here.